Maltese Appointments and Puppy Pick up:
Please plan accordingly and manage your time wisely. I will give you the same respect.
Thank you for understanding.
When you arrive at my house, please park in the street and walk up my driveway to my front door. If you have a disability that prohibits you from walking up my driveway, please let me know in advance so that I can allow you driveway access. This needs to be planned in advance.
I do not offer puppy visits at this time, until my Maltese puppies are ready to leave. If you would like to facetime, we can arrange that. By appointment only.
Maltese Puppy Pick up
- Please arrive on time!
- When arriving at my home, please park in the street. I live on a hill, so wear comfortable shoes and walk up the driveway to my front door. If you are disabled or unable to walk uphill, please let me know IN ADVANCE, so that I can move the cars in the driveway.
- You can text me when you arrive, but my doorbell does work. Dont be afraid to use it.
- I do not allow outside dogs in my home. Please do not bring your pets from home.
- I accept Cash only when picking up your puppy. Please be prepared.
- Please bring a small carrying bag or crate to travel with your puppy back home.
- I will go over all of your Maltese puppy’s vaccine schedule, Veterinarian health check up, Nutrition and feeding as well as safety and grooming. I recommend bringing paper and pen to take notes.
- Please bring a list of questions that you may have. I am happy to educate you and answer any questions regarding your Maltese puppy and its care.
- I no longer offer puppy visits prior to pick up.
No matter where you obtain your new family member or what breed you choose….. I ask that you, please, go to your breeders home, to see where their puppies live and are raised. Ask to see both parents of your puppy. The Dam/Mother & Sire/Father should be viewable even if the owner of the Dam has used an outside stud service. Sometimes breeders use out of state Sire’s. They should be able to provide you information on their puppies sire, his owner’s info and pedigree.
If you are buying a puppy from another state and cannot visit the puppy’s home, please write a list of questions to ask the breeder. Ask for photo’s of the puppy and its parents. Puppy Mill breeders can always bring a puppy into their home to take a cute picture of the pup on a sofa, so please do your homework. Please steer clear of websites with cute names like cutepuppies.com or tinyteacuppuppies.com as these are puppy mills and their brokers! Dont fall for their scam!
If you are paying for your puppy, your puppy should at least have their immunizations started. Puppies should have completed an immunization series of 3 vaccines by the time they are 12 weeks old. One vaccination administered to a puppy does not offer the protection against disease that an animal needs. Puppies should stay with their Dam until they are 8-12 weeks of age, (depending on the breed.) Toy breed puppies stay with their Dams for 12 weeks. A Maltese puppy will nurse from its mother for a minimum of 9 weeks so if you get one early than that you are taking that puppy away from its natural developmental cycle and you are part of the problem!
Please do not buy from Pet Stores. Pet store employees will tell you that their puppies do not come from puppy mills, but this is far from the truth.
Bringing Your Maltese Puppy Home:
You will need several things to prepare for your new Maltese puppy. Most items can be purchased online through Amazon. Of course there are many other places to find everything you need for your new Maltese puppy from online shopping to local retailers.
The most important things you will need for your Maltese puppy are:
- Iris pen or Seabreeze pen.
- Baby gate(s).
- Food & water bowls or feeders.
- Washable potty pads or disposable potty pads with a potty pad grate tray.
- dog beds.
- Nutrical paste
- Recommended Puppy food
- Bausch & Lomb eye wash.
- Small greyhound comb
- Safari brand soft slicker brush